The Governors at our school are committed to raising standards and work closely with staff to ensure that this is the case.
The governing body is responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality education. Together with the headteacher, who is responsible for day-to-day management, the governing body sets and monitors the school’s aims and policies.
Key roles of governors:
* To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
* To hold the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance of staff
* To oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent
Other roles include:
* The appointment and dismissing of staff
* Hearing appeals and grievances
* Forming policy on the school’s curriculum and collective worship
* Setting standards for pupils’ behaviour and discipline
* Making sure school buildings are safe and welcoming